Monday, October 6, 2008

Last two Bags!



Before leaving for Australia I had two bags to finish for the 'Daily Windows Company' and felt an obligation to get them completed and shipped before picking up the threads of my coursework again. I have just finished the last bag.

The bags, actually one portfolio and a backpack, are at different ends of the spectrum in the way I embellished them - one, a Victorian image I printed on silk and the other, an abstract piece I call 'Entropy' - a state of order deteriorating in to chaos.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Long time no see. How are you? And how is your C&G work coming along? Hope all's well with you and yours.

Thimble Fingers said...

Hello, I've just found your blog and got quite excited about 2 things ... one is the C&G studies, and the other is Western Australia.
I live in WA (Mandurah) and am also studying my C&G Embroidery Level 3, but with the School of Stitched Textiles. After years of feeling isolated with the studying, I recently decided to search the web for other students and am trying to make contact with as many as possible. I've also just started a blog to document my journey.
Its lovely to see your work and progress on your course.