Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Sweet Memento

I want to share this little meaningful idea with you, as I found it such a sweet gesture: -

While my sister and I where sorting out things at our mother's house, a friend asked if she could have something mum had liked to wear. She took two blouses and a nightie, but would not tell us what she wanted them for. Before I returned home the friend give me this little teddy, made from those favorite things mum wore. Teddies were also made for my two sisters. I think this is such a lovely idea - this little bear is such a comfort to me.

I had kept one sleeve of mum's favorite blouse, from which I made sachets, filled with lavender from mum's garden and finished with ribbon and a button from her sewing box. The one sleeve made seven sachets - enough for the female members of the family. I also wrote a little poem to go with the sachets.

2 comments:

Garnered Stitches said...

What a wonderful, touching thing to do for your family. A lovely memento to cherish
best wishes

Susan D said...

What a very thoughtful thing to do. I cherish a little wooden doll, one of the last things my Dad gave me.