Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Bugs - Jean, if you are looking at this, GO AWAY! this is your birthday gift.

I emailed my sister a photo of the bug needle case I had previously made and she asked if I would make her one for her birthday.  I decided to make her a sewing set of bugs, which includes a needle case, scissor case, scissor fob and a pin keep - an infestation of insects!  My sister also mentioned a friend who would also appreciate a case, the friend likes ladybugs.

The first needle case was made with satin, which was hard to work with, as it was so slippery; this second set I made in taffeta and the ladybug is in dupioni silk. 

Someone asked, what kind of bugs were these, I replied, they are called imagination bugs - the kind that burrow into your mind and you have to get them out!



No comments: